Thou shalt read Thy problem …
(With Apologies to the K.J.V.)
- Thou shalt read Thy problem.
- Whatsoever Thou doest to one side of the equation, Do Thee also to the other.
- Thou shalt use Thy “Common Sense”, else Thou wilt have flagpoles 9’000 feet in height, yea … even fathers younger than sons.
- Thou shalt ignore the teachings of false prophets to do work in Thy head.
- When Thou knowest not, Thou shalt look it up, and if Thy search still elude Thee, then Thou shalt ask the all-knowing teacher.
- Thou shalt master each step before putting Thy heavy foot down on the next.
- Thy correct answer does not prove that Thou hast worked Thy problem correctly. This argument convincest none, least of all, Thy teacher.
- Thou shalt first see that Thou hast copied Thy problem correctly before bearing false witness that the answer book lieth.
- Thou shalt look back even unto Thy youth and remember Thy arithmetic.
- Thou shalt learn, speak, write, and listen correctly in the language of mathematics, and verily A’s and B’s will follow Thee even unto graduation.
Other maths jokes to follow!